VEIEN HJEM // Premiere + Afterparty
Oslo Pix Film Festival and Indiefilm welcomes you to the Norwegian premiere and afterparty for Emilie Beck's NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
In NO PLACE LIKE HOME we get to know Priyangika Samanthie who as a six-year-old was adopted from Sri Lanka to Norway where she got the name Kine. Ever since she was young she has been looking for her biological parents and struggled with feeling at home in Norway. Getting in touch with her mother in Sri Lanka appears to not only be simple, and leads to disappointments and conflicts.
The film is carried on the shoulders of fantastic Priyangika who bravely seeks belonging and openly tells about the struggles she has experienced. NO PLACE LIKE HOME is both touching and important, and a necessary contribution to the debate around adoption processes in Norway and the rest of the world.
We welcome everyone to the Norwegian premiere of NO PLACE LIKE HOME. After the screening director Emilie Beck will meet the audience for a Q&A followed by a premiere party in Nedre Foaje at Vega Scene from 20:00.
The event is a collaboration with Indiefilm.
- The screening is in Vega Scene 1 Thursday 01.09.
- The film begins at 18:00.
- After the screening there will be a Q&A with Priyangika Samanthie, Emilie Beck and producer Karianne Berge.
- Premiere party in Nedre Foaje at Vega Scene from 20:00.
- Filmvisningen er i Vega Scene 1 torsdag 01.09.
- Filmen starter presist kl. 18:00
- Etter filmen stiller regissør Emilie Beck til Q&A.
- Premierefest i Nedre Foaje på Vega Scene fra kl. 20:00. Nora Grefstad performs and releases the film's title track: Cracks.